We have gone apple picking, and you probably know what happened after right? I do not know what to do with all the red delicious apples we have, so I searched the web for a good apple recipe. This is what I found…Apple Fritters with Cinnamon Sugar! This really got me excited and put me in the high cooking mode. Kids of all ages will love these Apple Fritters.
The apple trees at Marker Miller Orchard were not really tall so even small kids can enjoy apple picking. They have different varieties too. They also have a playground so your kids can also play after apple picking. They have picnic tables too that you can use.
These were the red delicious apples that we got from Marker Miller Orchard in Winchester. I planned on using these four, but I settled with just three which is actually good for 5-6 servings depending on your appetite. To prevent them from browning, you can use lemon juice. I use an apple corer and round cutters to get different sizes for the apple rings.
Here’s the apple rings before they were dip in the batter. I dipped them one at a time, letting the excess drip off the side of the bowl and then fried the over medium heat. I tried not to overcrowd the apple rings in the frying pan so I only put four rings at a time. Brown both sides making sure not to burn them. Remove it from the frying pan using a slotted spoon and put them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.Finally, toss it in a plate with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve while it is still warm, it just tastes better that way! You can also sprinkle powdered sugar on these apple fritters or just pour some caramel or maple syrup; they were delicious!
I am hopeful that you will enjoy these Apple Fritters with Cinnamon Sugar as well as we loved them. Share and Enjoy! The printable copy should be at the bottom of this post. If you want to make more Cinnamon Sugar, I use this recipe, click here.
- 3 big apples peeled, cored & cut into rings(red delicious is what I have)
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- vegetable oil for frying
- *Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine the beaten egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Then make the batter; whisk together the dry ingredients(flour mixture) and the wet ingredients(egg/buttermilk/vanilla) till fully incorporated.
- Put oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip the apple rings into the batter, let the excess batter drip off.
- Fry the apple rings till it turns golden brown on both sides. Do not overcrowd the apples, I put four apple rings at a time.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Then, dip apple fritters in cinnamon sugar mixture. Best serve when it is still warm. Enjoy!
- Remove from the pan. Dry on a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Then quickly transfer the apple rings one at a time on a bowl with cinnamon sugar mixture and coat evenly.
- Transfer to a wire rack, it is best serve warm! Enjoy!
You can also use maple syrup or caramel.