Sarap to the Bones! That’s what we say whenever we eat at Max’s Restaurant because it’s crispy in the outside yet tasty and juicy in the inside. In this recipe, I used cornish chicken or game hen that’s what they call it sometimes. You can serve it with rice, pansit or fries. But the chicken tastes even better when dip on Jufran Banana Catsup.
1 whole spring chicken (cornish game hen)
6 pieces dried bay leaves
1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
4 cups water
3 cups cooking oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1. In a steamer, pour the water and bring to a boil.
2. Add the dried bay leaves and chopped cilantro in the boiling water
3. Steam the chicken for 45 minutes
4. Remove the chicken from the steamer and allow the excess liquid to drip. Let the chicken cool down.
5. Rub salt and pepper all over the chicken.
6. In a deep-fryer or tall pot, pour the cooking oil and apply heat.
7. When the cooking oil is hot enough, deep-fry the chicken for about 12 minutes. (If the chicken is not entirely immersed in oil, flip the chicken to fry the other side for another 12 minutes or until color turns golden brown)
8. Remove the chicken from the fryer and allow oil to drip.
enjoy…sarap to the bones!!!