6 egg large whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup salted butter
1 cup sifted confectioner’s sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 3/4 cup cashew nuts
1 cup cake crumbs
1. Finely ground cashew nuts in the food processor and set aside.
2. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in the mixer.
3. Gradually add the granulated sugar, and beat till it forms a stiff peak.
4. Fold in the ground cashews.
5. Transfer the meringue in a piping bag.
6. Pipe the mixture into oval in cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
8. Once out in the oven, let it cool completely and remove gently from the parchment paper. Set aside.
1. Beat the softened butter until creamy.
2. Add the confectioner’s sugar gradually.
3. Then gradually add the milk.
1. Spread the buttercream on 2 meringue wafers making sure the flat sides are facing outside.
2. Cover all sides with buttercream.
3. Roll the wafers in cake crumbs.
4. Refrigerate before serving.
***you can also keep them in the freezer for storage and thaw in the fridge before serving
***pairs well with your favorite coffee or tea