Have you wondered how to make Steamed Snow Crab Legs? It really is not difficult to prepare them at home and you will save a lot that is a plus!!!
Steamed Snow Crab Legs…you read it right, I am not getting tired of eating seafood! They really can get expensive at the restaurants but don’t you know it is easy to prepare them at home. Most of them are already cooked when you purchased them at Costco or Asian supermarket. So, it is just a matter of re-heating them before consumption at home. And there are ways to do it like steaming, warming in the microwave or broiling/grilling them. But I think the best way will be to do Steamed Snow Crab Legs which is our recipe for the day.
Since you got these snow crab legs frozen, it is better to thaw them overnight in your refrigerator. If you are in a hurry and cannot wait to try it, rinse the snow crab legs over running water for a few minutes. It should be ready when you check that all ice has melted. Steamers come in different forms; you can use electric steamer, steamer pot, steamer basket, or steamer rack. Just make sure that the steaming portion does not touch the boiling water on the pot. Generally the water on the pot should at be at least 1-2 inches high. And watch it so the water does not run dry.
These Steamed Snow Crab Legs are best served with lemon wedges and Clarified Butter. If you want the recipe on how to make clarified butter click here.
- 3-4 Snow Crab Legs rinsed and thawed
- 3 cups water
- Pour the water on the bottom part of the steamer. Let it boil.
- Using steamer basket: Put the snow crab legs on the steamer basket, and steam the snow crab legs for 6-8 minutes covered with a lid. Make sure the basket does not touch the water.
- Using Steamer Pots: arrange the snow crab legs on the stackable perforated sections for steaming, and steam the snow crab legs for 6-8 minutes covered with a lid.
- Remove from the steamer and serve immediately. They are best serve when they are still hot. Enjoy!
Steamed Snow Crab Legs