1 lb beef brisket or chuck cut into cubes
1 medium onion sliced into rings
5 cloves garlic
5 star anise
5 cups water
cooked egg noodles
1 cup Napa cabbage sliced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
salt & pepper to taste
1. In a pot, put oil and saute garlic till golden brown.
2. Add the beef and stir fry for 3 minutes or until the juices come out.
3. Add the soy sauce, then add the star anise and water. Cover. Let it simmer till beef is tender.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste
5. Put the cooked egg noodles, napa cabbage and onion in a bowl.
6. Pour the soup and beef in the bowl of cooked noodles.
7. Serve hot. Enjoy.
***you can add sliced hard boiled egg, crunchy garlic or spring onions as garnish