Well this will be easy for everyone to do, Filipino Spaghetti with Hotdog. It is so easy to prepare and cook, it is done in 30 minutes. The only meat ingredient here is hotdog. You can easily prepare it as a snack, lunch or dinner. The Filipino Style spaghetti sauce is more on the sweet side unlike the Italian spaghetti tomato based sauce. If you don’t have or you can’t find this kind of sauce, you can still make it by mixing banana catsup with tomato paste, and adjust the sweetness with brown sugar. Banana Catsup, yes there’s such a thing as that! It is available in most Asian stores with brands UFC and Jufran Banana Catsup.
If you are not keen on it being on the sweet side because of the Filipino Style spaghetti sauce, just add more tomato sauce and adjust it to your liking. And don’t forget to top it with lots of cheese. But give it a try and you might like it too! Just as always, let me know how it went.
- 1 package spaghetti cooked al dente
- 4-6 medium sized hotdogs sliced diagonally
- 1 package spaghetti sauce(Filipino Style)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- grated cheese for topping
- In a pan, put oil over medium heat.
- Saute garlic first till golden brown, then add the onion.
- Stir in the hotdog, cooked for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, let it simmer for 5 minutes or till it thickened. Add salt to taste Remove from heat.
- Toss in the cooked spaghetti, stir the sauce till fully mixed.
- Transfer to a plate and topped with grated cheese.