Cheese Cupcakes anyone? No it is not the cupcake with a cream cheese frosting! It is the cupcake we all grow up with back in the Philippines. Cheese is added to the batter and it is also drizzled on top of the cupcake. The taste, oh so yummy and moist!
Is it easy to make? Yes it is, matter of fact I am not feeling my best having flu like symptoms minus the fever but still manage to bake them in no time. These cupcakes also reminds me when I was sick back when I was a child it was what I eat because it is soft and was easy to swallow. Okay enough visiting down memory lane, back to the recipe. Preparation took me around 15 minutes and baking around 20 minutes, all done in less than an hour. No baking experience? No fret, it is pretty straight forward. Just make sure you sift the flour first before you measure them and your oven was preheat before you bake. So, shall we bake now?
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour 1/3 of the flour mixture plus half a can of condensed milk to the butter/egg mixture. Mix well, pour another 1/3 flour mixture with the remaining half a can of condensed milk. Finally add the last 1/3 flour mixture, and add the Velveeta grated cheese till fully incorporated to the batter. Put in lined cupcake/muffin pan by 3/4 fill only. Then, sprinkle each with grated cheddar cheese. Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or when a cake tester comes out clean.
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, divided in two
- ½ cup Velveeta cheese grated
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt(flour mixture).
- In another bowl, beat softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract(butter/egg mixture).
- Pour in the flour mixture in thirds adding half a can of sweetened condensed milk in between(starting and ending with flour mixture).
- Add the grated Velveeta Cheese to the batter.
- Put batter in the lined muffin pan filling by ¾ only.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
You can add grated cheese just before serving if you want it cheesier! Yum!
Keep it in an airtight container and will stay moist for a week.