Some days I like them on the crunchy side but some days I love them soft and chewy. I know there are a lot of chocolate chip cookies recipe around and this one should be for keeps too! I would say these chocolate chip cookies did not even get the chance to cool down on the wire rack because the chocolate aroma fills the house and eager hands were on it right away.
When making these chocolate chip cookies, you may encounter it not spreading so I suggest flattening it a bit after rolling it into a ball so it won’t poof up. Yeah, it did happen to me so I am saving you the trouble! Or it may not happen to you just drop the cookies on the ungreased cookie sheet and bake. The culprit may be the oven or the altitude.
- 1 stick salted butter softened (8 tbsp.)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- On a stand mixer, beat butter, white sugar and brown sugar till it is creamy. Then, add the egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture to the creamed sugar mixture till it form to cumbles. Using your hand, press the crumbles into a dough.
- Add semi-sweet chocolate morsels and incorporate to the mixture with your hands.
- Roll into 12 balls and press lightly to flatten a bit and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Do not overbake!!!
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; remove and cool completely on wire rack.
These cookies didn't spread too much, I recommend to flatten it just a bit after rolling it into balls.
This recipe maybe doubled.